Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > UNDERWEAR TALK > Real World Sightings

Notices

Real World Sightings underwear and swimwear sightings - stories and pics.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 PM
XXXX

The Bondsman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Bondsman Send a message via MSN to The Bondsman
Red face Hello Seamen!!!

(This may be of interest to those lovers of traditional underwear...if indeed there are any of those left here besides myself.)

As one who has always harboured a bit of a fantasy of living in an all-male environment, up close and personal with other men, ....(NO, certainly NOT a gaol situation if that's what you were imagining!) and seeing as I wasn't born anywhere near WWII, I have to rely on watching genuine footage of such times.
Now HERE'S some film taken below deck on USS Saufley, and it shows just how "intimate" the sleeping arrangements and bathroom/shower facilities actually were. It's obviously NOT meant to be homoerotic, but I find it all the more so for that very fact.
IMPORTANT: START AT 7.40 BY THE YOU-TUBE TIMER BELOW...IGNORE the superimposed clock! There's a lot of prior shots of the boat and men taking part in operational matters, ....fully clothed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRogMKA0U7g

It begins with some footage of the men doing laundry duty....fetish job for some USG members for sure!

Notice the bunks and how close they are to those of other men.
There's even one guy sleeping on a mattress in the floor space between the bunks.
Crowded together, no privacy at all to take care of any man's "needs"....gay or straight! Forget the shower or toilet, ..as you'll see later on there are queues for both and no shower stall doors, and the "heads" are all completely without privacy, so forget any tugging off in either place!

Which leaves the bunks.
Now as a gay man, and one with a serious underwear fetish to boot, (specially for briefs and white boxers!)I would find it EXTREMELY hard (yes, pun intended ) to just lie there passively while men were bunked up SO close and all in their underwear, experiencing the frequent hard-ons we all do in bed, and knowing the state of sexual tension everybody must be in....including myself!

Notice too that the sailors must have been given the choice of BOXERS or BRIEFS....there are blokes wearing each style,...and the occasional gaping fly of some of those boxers which must have also provided some very interesting views, if not direct exposure of those morning glories!

Imagine being in the tiered bunks at about groin level as some other man stands there, with his obviously very stiff dick almost in your face.
Or hearing the unmistakable heavy breathing and feeling the bunk jerking as somebody VERY nearby tries to sneak a quiet tug for some relief?
(The bunks are all connected by chains.)
How could any gay man not help out, ...orally or even just manually?

Reckon I could have been about the most popular and in demand enlisted man onboard!

Last edited by The Bondsman; 02-05-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:20 PM
USG Fanatic

briefman14867 is on a distinguished road
Wow! Nice. Definitely worth expanding to full screen.

I love the guy at 5:38. The guy rolling out of bed at about 6:52 also gives me a hardon.

I would NOT like to defecate in that open room! Urinating with those men would be wonderful, though.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:53 PM
XXXX

Thumbs up Old Navy Briefing

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefman14867 View Post
Wow! Nice. Definitely worth expanding to full screen.

I love the guy at 5:38. The guy rolling out of bed at about 6:52 also gives me a hardon.
Glad you enjoyed it too briefman! Wasn't sure that anyone else would enjoy seeing men in their vintage underwear here on USG. It's hardly the prevalent interest.

Have just finished reading a book about this very situation.
"Battleship Sailor" by Theodore C. Mason

Apparently there was a sailor in charge of making the wake-up calls before each watch, ...you can actually see such a man in the film making his rounds.
He had to touch each man in turn and the author says that on his ship the wake-up call was
"Wakey, wakey! Hands off your cocks and reach for your socks!"

Oddly enough one sailor is seen in the clip putting on his socks before standing up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefman14867 View Post
I would NOT like to defecate in that open room! Urinating with those men would be wonderful, though.
Communal pissing is always lots of fun for men 'cos we do it standing up, (and we all like to sneak a peek at each other's cocks too, ...even if it is discretely!) but I must admit to also liking a little privacy for the other business!

Last edited by The Bondsman; 02-05-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Cumstained Underwear User

sfrunner is on a distinguished road
See men

Looks like the boxers were much more popular than briefs. The boxers seemed to be rather poorly (or well, depending on your point of view...) designed in that the fly often gapes open as they move about.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:25 PM
USG Member

Yfronts500 is on a distinguished road
Brilliant video ... Loving those Ys ..... All very wankable and horny ..mind you quite a number of open boxer flys :-)
Old 02-05-2016, 04:57 PM
XXXX

Thumbs up It's all about the gape....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrunner View Post
Looks like the boxers were much more popular than briefs.
I have read that some sailors requested boxers to sleep in, but wore briefs for underwear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrunner View Post
The boxers seemed to be rather poorly (or well, depending on your point of view...) designed in that the fly often gapes open as they move about.
THAT particular feature is in my opinion the best design of all!
I actually have some vintage U,S. Navy issue white boxers, and I find it impossible to wear them WITHOUT sticking out if you move at all!
I can't help wondering how there wasn't some major "fallout" in the film as they get down from their bunks, or descend those narrow stairways.
Some examples below that bear closer examination...

Of course the propensity for fallout COULD be utilized as a come on....

And some young blokes could make their needs very plain, ...without so much as saying a word....
I love this pic! Notice (if you can) the standard lamp made from a bomb!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	39539   Click image for larger version

Name:	boxer danger.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	39540   Click image for larger version

Name:	NAVY MEN AT EASE (66).jpg
Views:	687
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	39541   Click image for larger version

Name:	flopitout.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	39542   Click image for larger version

Name:	flopitout2.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	39543  

Name:	boxersorbriefs.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	39544   Click image for larger version

Name:	comeandgetit.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	39545  
Old 03-06-2018, 10:18 PM
USG Regular

TommyD is on a distinguished road
Four Years Aboard Ship

I served a six year tour in the United States Navy in the 1980's. Four of those years were aboard the USS Josephus Daniels CG-27. The Daniels was built in 1962 and not a whole lot had changed in design since the end of WWII only 17 years prior.

Our bunks (aka racks) were better designed with mattresses laid on top of lift-up lockers but they were still stacked three high with not a lot of room in between. At least we didn't have anyone sleeping on the deck (floor). Also, we had privacy curtains around each bunk so there was more privacy and each bunk had a reading lamp. Our berthing compartment was about 20 feet by 20 feet (about 6m by 6m) with 26 sets of 3 bunks each: that's 78 men in a small space. (The ship had a total complement of just over 400 men; women weren't allowed to serve on combat ships at that time.) You could hear a lot of wanking going on at night. Everyone did it, and no one was shy about it, but it really wasn't talked about. Talking about wanking would have been too "GAY". When reveille was piped through the loud-speakers in the morning, everyone would pile out of their racks and into the aisle; just like in the video. You couldn't help but end up bumping into and rubbing up against other guys. And, yes, I saw a lot of morning hard-ons and felt a few rub up against me.

They were called "Skivvies" not underwear. Most guys, maybe 75%, wore classic white briefs. The other 25%, including myself, wore classic loose fit white boxers. Regulation underwear only. One reason I chose boxers was because that's what my Dad wore in WWII, and it seemed like a rite-of-passage from boyhood to manhood. I mostly wore white briefs in High School but sometimes I would wear my Dad's boxers on days when we didn't have Phys Ed (Gym Class). I loved the way they made me feel masculine and all grown-up. I still think classic white boxers are the most masculine underwear for a man, and classic tighty-whities are the sexiest on a man!

The 'Head' (Bathroom & Shower) attached to our berthing compartment was a lot like you saw in the video. Our fixtures, toilets and sinks, were of a more modern design but there were no privacy stalls. You had to get used to sitting on a toilet, openly, beside someone else. Our shower room was an open bay with shower-heads around the perimeter and a stanchion in the middle with four shower-heads. The common routine in the morning was to grab your towel and shower/shave kit. Then take off the skivvies (underwear) you had slept in and throw them in the laundry locker near the hatch (door) to the head (shower/bathroom). Most of us would wait casually naked in line for the facilities with our towels around our necks. While on duty as roving patrol around the ship, I did notice that the Officers had toilet stalls with no doors and shower stalls with no curtains. So, they didn't have it much better than us enlisted men.

Serving on that ship was some of the best years of my life!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	USS Josephus Daniels CG-27.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	42428  

Last edited by TommyD; 03-08-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar correction.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:49 AM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Drifting off topic here... A friend of mine who had briefly served in the British navy said that the continued use of special navy terms like "deck" and "heads" is intentional, to make the personnel feel like they are part of a club from which ordinary people, and even members of the other Armed forces, are excluded. Maybe "Skivvies" is part of that too?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:41 AM
USG Regular

TommyD is on a distinguished road
The English Naval Lexicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyAussie View Post
Drifting off topic here... A friend of mine who had briefly served in the British navy said that the continued use of special navy terms like "deck" and "heads" is intentional, to make the personnel feel like they are part of a club from which ordinary people, and even members of the other Armed forces, are excluded. Maybe "Skivvies" is part of that too?
The US Navy carried over the terminology from the British during our colonial period. Most of the terminology dates back to the era of large three-masted sailing ships. That's why there's a commonality and kinship among the Sailors with a shared history and language with the Old Empire.

During Recruit Training (aka Boot Camp), using the Naval terminology was mandatory. If you slipped up and used the civilian term; the usual punishments were push-ups or a short run. Sailors do take pride in speaking this unique language. Also, the Marines are actually under the Department of the Navy so they to use the terminology, too. Oh yes, Sailors are very dismissive of the Army and Air Force. We have our own fighter jets on aircraft carriers and our own ground force in the Marines. All in good-natured rivalry of course!

After spending years living on a ship the terminology becomes second-nature. It felt weird using the civilian terms again. For a long time I would still refer to a "wall" as a "bulkhead" and a "water fountain" as a "scuttlebutt", etc. Scuttlebutt is also used to refer to gossip.

All this talk of Naval tradition has me feeling traditional today:

Last edited by TommyD; 03-07-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction