Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > Questions and Support

Notices

Questions and Support If you have any questions or need things explained, then please post them here.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:39 PM
N2 Briefs, Jocks, Speedos

N2Briefs is on a distinguished road
Picture Orientation

Iím the newbie here and having a bit of difficulty uploading pictures from my iPad to this site. Every picture Iíve uploaded so far (my avatar pic and three to a new public album I just created) show up eitehr sideways or upside down. Unfortunately I donít see a way to edit them (as in shift their orientation) after theyíve been uploaded.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing an option here to fix them? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2017, 06:22 PM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
You're not alone, here's my reply to another member a few posts down:

Quote:
The issue is with all the new cellphones (and tablets) which allow you to take photo in landscape or portrait mode whether the camera is right side up or up side down. The rotation and position info is stored in an image file as part of the EXIF information. There's no standard in how to deal with it, so Android does it differently than Apple.

I know this because I've been dealing with it when programming my Yourjockstraps.com website. I've built in an admin section for myself so I can deal with photos taken and uploaded from cellphones and rotate them and it took me months to finally get it working. For the most part, it works but there's still a few images that my rotate function doesn't work on, and apparently I'm not alone.

If any of you really care, here's an accurate explanation: https://www.daveperrett.com/articles...g-is-a-ghetto/

As for USG, the main issue is the software running this website, it's a purchased piece of software called vBulletin and the version I'm using is really old and doesn't have a clue on how to deal with all these (new?) fangled cellphones and device and their orientation mumbo-jumbo.

I imagine the upgraded software which I own but just can't find the time to install will be able to deal with it, but I don't see the upgrade happening anytime soon as my life is just too crazy right now.

As mentioned by Sweaty Aussie above and what I do when I have a problem image uploaded to Your Jockstraps: I simply download the image to my computer, use an image editing program to rotate the image and re-upload it. Doing so, usually fixes the EXIF data embedded in the image file and life is once again how it should be.

A nuisance I know, but until a miracle er... upgrade happens, there's nothing else that can be done.
If you don't have access to a computer and photo editing software, then until the site is upgraded, there's not a lot that can be done.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 PM
USG Member

johnmorango is on a distinguished road
As an addition to this I changed the orientation of a picture before uploading using the image viewing softwear on my computer and on uploading the orientation was unchanged. Obviously some programmes do not change the orientation of the file but merely rotate it for viewing.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 PM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmorango View Post
As an addition to this I changed the orientation of a picture before uploading using the image viewing softwear on my computer and on uploading the orientation was unchanged. Obviously some programmes do not change the orientation of the file but merely rotate it for viewing.
It's annoying, isn't it? And it's not as though rotating it is a complex procedure for a program, it's one of the simplest things you can do with image manipulation.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:28 PM
USG Member

johnmorango is on a distinguished road
Even more annoying is when doing more complicated image manipulation is too hard and you discover that one of the ‘simple’ things you ‘can’ do doesn’t work! I’m talking as a user!
Old 11-17-2017, 03:27 AM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Very often, I am less interested in the picture orientation than I am of the orientation of the guy IN the picture.