Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > News and Announcements

Notices

News and Announcements USG-online, UN-DER-WEAR.com, and forum news

Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 PM
whitejockeysboy

Home page

Is it my imagination or is the home page not as it should be?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
Everything is normal for me.

Are you talking about USG-online.com homepage or the USG Community Homepage? What looks wrong about it? If you know how to do a screen capture, post it in a reply to this so I can see what's going on...
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 AM
whitejockeysboy

Hi - it's the USG-online.com home page. The menu on the right hand side is missing and there is some over-printing down the left hand side. It's only missing when I use Firefox as the browser - Google Crome is perfectly normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USG Homepage.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	34422  

Last edited by whitejockeysboy; 07-11-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
owner deadgoodundies.com

deadgoodundiesdotcom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to deadgoodundiesdotcom Send a message via AIM to deadgoodundiesdotcom Send a message via MSN to deadgoodundiesdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to deadgoodundiesdotcom Send a message via Skype™ to deadgoodundiesdotcom
Looks ok from here using Firefox 13
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usg.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	34424  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Jock sniffer

Seems like you've zoomed the text in your browser and that has broken the page. Try hitting CTRL+0 to reset your browser to the default text and that should fix it.

You probably have the Zoom Text Only option selected (which is not the default option for Firefox.) Although it's a personal choice, the better way to zoom pages (imho) is to zoom both styles, divs and text, that way a page that's designed with set div sizes (like USG and most of my sites) will zoom all elements, not just the text, and not break the page. Just click your Alt key and the traditional menu will come up. Select the View menu, then select Zoom and you'll most likely see Zoom Text Only selected. Like I said, this is not the default setting for Firefox. Click that along with the reset tip above and that should fix the page.

Kind regards,
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 PM
whitejockeysboy

Thank you - 'CTRL+0' has fixed it. Whatever I did to upset my system was entirely unintentional! Most grateful for your advice.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Jock sniffer

CTRL + is the keystroke for Zoom In and CTRL - is the keystroke for Zoom Out. If you hit either one of the those key combinations, it's going to change your broswer's display. As I said, by default, Firefox will zoom both graphics and text, but if you turn on the Zoom Text Only feature, then pages can break when you zoom in.

The Zoom feature is a great one, especially as you get older and website text seems to get smaller with failing eyesight - just keep the default setting so everything zooms.

Glad it's fixed, but you may still want to deactivate the Zoom Text Only feature so it doesn't happen again.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com