Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > News and Announcements

Notices

News and Announcements USG-online, UN-DER-WEAR.com, and forum news

Old 08-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
Removing Women's Underwear Section

First I just want to say this is a hard decision.

I will be removing the Guys in Women's Underwear section of the User Galleries. There are a number of reasons - some are personal, some practical. Part has to do with time and part with money.

The first and main one is quite simply the fact that I just don't have this fetish. I have nothing against guys with this fetish, but it just isn't one that I have. The focus of the sites, usg-online.com and un-der-wear.com, are like it states on the home pages of each "Men's Underwear and Swimwear" My own person fetish of men's underwear was the fuel for the creation of all this.

A few of our loyal members requested I add a section for women's underwear to the message board's show and tell section, and after a bit of discussion, I agreed to do it. When I started the user galleries, I automatically mimicked the message board categories.

What I hadn't anticipated, was that the women's underwear fetish was so large that it has become the focus of the user galleries. Most days now all the new posting photos are of guys in women's underwear. Most of the guys who are into this fetish, don't even participate in the rest of the site or categories. As I say - Most but not all. This fetish obviously deserves a site of it's own, but I just don't have the time or money to create it.

I know this decision is going to piss off some people, but it's quite simple. I do these sites out of passion but when I head over to the user galleries to moderate them and all the photos are women's panties, then it simply isn't fun anymore. It's the masculine side of underwear that turns me on. If I'm not enjoying creating and working on the sites, then what is the point in doing so?

Another major part of this desicion is as I posted about previously - bandwidth issues. The user galleries take up mass amounts of bandwidth and as you know by now, cost me a fortune to maintain. The women's underwear category being the most popular of the categories just seems to be a logical solution to cutting costs for me.

Obviously, with the popularity of this category, this is a niche that needs a home on the internet. I'm just not the person to create and maintain it. It just doesn't make sense for me to do so.

So that we're not leaving people high and dry, we have created a new yahoo group. Hopefully a community can be formed there and with any luck, some enterprising person in that community can do as I have, and create a website like USG-online for this community.

This new group can be found here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MeninLingerieetc

I'm going to leave the women's underwear category up for a week or two as I contact the main users of this area (most of the posters in the user galleries don't come over to the message board and won't read this notice)

I will however, leave the women's underwear section up on the message board - for now anyway, as it just doesn't get as much use.

My appologies to the guys affected by this, I hope you can understand my position.

sincerely,
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
USG Fanatic

briefman14867 is on a distinguished road
deusEx,

First, thanks so much for all the work you do on this and for creating it in the first place!

It does seem clear that there are a lot of guys into the "men in women's underwear" thing. Not my thing, but whatever turns you on and doesn't hurt anyone else (unless they want to be hurt, of course) -- more power to you.

Anyway, I support your decision. It's your right to decide what the limits of the site you create and maintain are and what topics/themes/pictures... you want to see and what is best done elsewhere. I hope the guys into women's underwear aren't too upset and that they find (or make) a new place as great as this one is.

On a sort of a related note, I try to go through my gallery from time to time and get rid of pictures that I think are too much like others. Maybe we could all do this (and I'll give it a go in a minute here myself) to give some further relief to the bandwidth issue.

cheers all,

dan
Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 AM
superdoc

Lingerie shots

Deusex, I have avoided viewing any of these shots/discussions, as I am only interested in men and their underwear views. While there may be many guys who do like this area, I am not one. I am happy that you have assisted those who do like to wear lingerie, with an alternate site. Just let me view men in their underwear, especially soaked!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Thong Inspector

skimpybrfs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skimpybrfs Send a message via Yahoo to skimpybrfs
Hi deusex, I also want to thank you for your commitment to this site and all of the hard work that goes into it. I must agree with the previous replies on this subject, for I am very much into men's underwear. I personally have nothing against those guys that have a fetish for women's panties, but it just isn't for me. As you said, this site focuses on men's underwear and the men in them. It would appear though that there would be enough of a following for someone to head up the creation of a new board that caters to those guys that are into that sort of thing, but that job's not for me either. Again, thanks for everything you do.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 AM
dayne

Some people are pissed at you for the change? I am sure at least some don't want to have do the work to maintain their own site. A person can get spoiled when someone has done as good a job doing it for them as you have.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Steve39

Thumbs up

You do a great job with this site and I think all the members would like to thank you for all your hard work so if a topic which is not your thing starts to take over then it's got to go simple as that
Cheers Steve
Old 08-11-2005, 02:25 PM
BigPete

do it do it do it
Old 08-11-2005, 08:49 PM
USG Regular

pjUK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pjUK Send a message via Yahoo to pjUK
Once again, I want to wholeheartedly applaud you and the work you must do to keep this site so active and interesting.

I'm another who will fully support your decision on this aspect of the site. If it's not conducive to the smooth running of the site as a whole then go ahead (as if you needed my say so !!!). Personally, it's not my cup of tea either and I have to add it's one of the reasons I haven't posted any new pix recently, 'cos it did just seem that these pix were overwhelming the galleries, for which I just don't do this type of underwear.

You can't say that you didn't give it a fair crack, and I'm sure that if there aren't other sites out there for this interest, you must have at least given somebody an idea to perhaps take it upon themselves to start their own.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:55 PM
meshbud

Cool what's the bid deal?

If underwear feels sexy, wear it. If a man wants to wear women's undies, so what? The dividing line between men's sheer and women's sheer is so thin I don't think it's a major distinction. The design might be different, but that's determined by marketers. I say leave the women's underwear section alone.
Meshbud
Old 08-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Jock sniffer

meshbud,

I do appreciate your opinion, and you may be right, but you're missing my point. There's two things at play with this decision. The first is simply bandwidth costs, and that section has become one of the busiest sections.

The second is this: Yes you're right women's sheer is similar to men's sheer (except the fact there's no pouch design), but that isn't the issue for me. It's the fact that as soon as you say "guy's in women's underwear: you get guys in nylon stockings, bras and other women's garment with frilly lace and what-not. Like I said, this site takes a lot of work, time and money and when I come to the photopost/user gallery area and all the latest photos are of guys in drag, it simply isn't a turn on for me anymore and then I ask myself - why the fuck am I doing this - spending my time and money on something that's no longer fun for me? A bit greedy? Maybe.

I have this feeling that people assume that I'm making money off this venture and that the site just magically creates itself with the push of a button. Besides my "real" job which as an owner of a very major gay adult site keeps me insanely busy and now with the new jockstrap store which it two months late launching cuz i'm too busy, I also have to deal with these sites. For these sites I have to deal with constant tech issues, updates, upgrades to the software, monitor the site to defend it from spam and bots. I deal with support email daily with users not knowing how to use the site (or their computers), i have to manually update the exhibitionist galleries over on un-der-wear.com, make new entries on the Blog and also maintain a presence here on the forums. WHICH I GENERALLY LOVE!!! But with the exception of this one issue...

The solution is simple, remove this area, get back to the heart of what USG and Un-der-wear.com were created for and voila...the time and money and work is no longer an issue. I'm happy and USG continues to exist.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against guys who want to wear women's underwear and I hope someone creates a decent home for it, I just don't think it belongs here on this site or that i'm the one who should be creating it. Someone with the same passion would only make sense to make a site like that.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 08-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
No apologies necessary

Deusex should not have to apologise for deciding what he wants on his site. The operative word is "his".
If we allow a forum for women's underwear, what about trainspotting? Or Birds of Britain? or Knitting For Beginners? Plenty of people are interested in these topics also.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Onan

Deusex

You are the boss. So, no need to apologise.

The paradox about women's underwear is it makes masculine guys wearing it still more masculine. The contrast between the masculinity of the guy and the undies can be quite thrilling.

But in general I prefer guys in masculine undies, except I sometimes have very much liked discovering something feminine when a masculine guy gets his pants down. When a guy is hot on it, I will wear it myself.

Once again, you are the boss. Thanks for the work.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Mysterious return

The Women's Underwear section appears to have returned to haunt us. Is this intentional, or did it get unintentionally resurrected in the upgrade?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Jock sniffer

Sweaty Aussie -

As mentioned in my original post - I didn't remove the section from the boards just the user galleries - it doesn't get used the same way. Just the occassional post.

John.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Old 01-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Man-Pleaser

I enjoy seeing men in panties but the moderator has a point and it is his site!!! If I want I can visit hundreds of other sites to explore that fetish. Keep up the good work deusex