Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > News and Announcements

Notices

News and Announcements USG-online, UN-DER-WEAR.com, and forum news

Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
New Look for USG, plus upcoming changes

I finally managed to devote some time to a project I've been intending to do for a very long time. The home page of USG-online.com has been redesigned so please take a moment to check it out: http://www.usg-online.com

As many of you know USG-online was originally designed to be simply a website for online underwear shop listings and reviews. Un-der-wear.com was launched a while later to explore the fetish side of underwear. I then launched the forums (now USG-online Community) which were hosted on USG-online.com which started the confusion. As time went on, I launched blogs and galleries and all sorts of things on both sites and the lines between USG-online and Un-der-wear got totally blurred. It just makes no sense to have to entrances to essentially the same content.

After a lot of thought I've decided that USG-online.com will be come the portal to everything I do. Un-der-wear will eventually be devoted to a new project (probably a few years away) So any of you entering the site through Un-der-wear.com, please change your bookmarks as Un-der-wear.com will eventually be disappearing.

Within the next few months, the Underwear Shopping Guide will be redesigned to reflect the new look of USG-online. It will also allow customer submitted reviews and feedback for the stores they shop at.

The next step is an upgrade and redesign of this part of the site (the Community) There's a major upgrade available for Vbulletin (the softwear that runs the message boards and galleries) but most of the upgraded features are behind the scenes, but it will allow me to give this site a bit of a face lift - again to reflect the look of USG-online.

There's no time-frame for all this to happen as I have to do it in my so-called spare time and as Jockstrap Central (my bread and butter) gets busier and busier my spare time is becoming scarce, but if I have to pull some all-nighters then so be it.

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up about what is going on...

Cheers,
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 PM
USG Regular

Louis Pablo is on a distinguished road
looks good John, I look forward to the new design
Old 10-08-2010, 04:38 AM
USG Regular

bosbuck is on a distinguished road
i know my eye sight's bad ...

John
The new look is great!
One thing that I can't seem to find though is a link to the albums.
Did this get moved or lost in the shuffle?
Thanx much
Old 10-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Jock sniffer

Bosbuck,

Thanks for the feedback.

In my mind the albums are just a part of the whole community that includes both the message board, the albums and the social groups. The link that heads there is titled "USG Community and Galleries" The landing page is the Community homepage and from there you can access the albums (galleries.) Sure it's an extra step, but the homepage is the logical landing page.

However, at the bottom of the USG-online homepage I am now pulling the 6 most recent photo and below that is a "click for more"

I will mull it over and maybe split the community and gallery callouts and make their two separate ones - just didn't want to make the page longer than it already is.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
USG Regular

it must be me...

But I can't see the link. I get to the community page which lists the forums and groups.
I can see who's online, who is having a birthday but I can't seem to find a link to the albums.
Am I that blind or just ignorant of how this works.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:35 AM
USG Member

speedo showoff is on a distinguished road
Nice, I like it!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Jock sniffer

Bosbuck,

I think it goes back our previous conversations about how the software that runs this site was built before browsers on cellphones became popular. This part of the site just isn't cellphone friendly as it's so large.

I'm not sure if you see it on your cellphone browser, but toward the top of this (and any) community page you'll see the menu bar that has "User CP FAQ Community<=NEW Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out"

If you click the Community link a menu will drop down that will have "Pictures and Albums" as a menu item. You need to click that to go to the albums.

You could also just go to http://www.usg-online.com/forums/albums.php in your browser and then make a bookmark for that page.

I mentioned an upgrade to the vBulletin software that I'll be doing within the next couple of months. The backend features are that it will entirely done in CSS (it's about time!) and I imagine will be more cellphone friendly.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Old 10-09-2010, 06:37 AM
USG Regular

John
There is definitely a different tool bar that I have.
What I have is: UserCP/FAQ/Members List/Social Groups/Calendar/Search/New Posts/Mark Forums Read/Open Contacts Popup/Log Out.
Maybe my eyesight isn't as bad as I thought. The link just doesn't seem to be on my tool bar.

I tried the link that you posted but that didn't work either.
A page came up that says: The page you've tried to view doesn't exist. Please check out one of these great sites.
It has links to : YouLoveJack, jockstrapcentral.com, bedfellow.com, un-der-wear.com, usg-online.com and must be gay.
I tied by dropping the back end after albums on the link and it also took me to this page.

I am therefore at a complete loss. If you come up a link that will work for me, I will certainly bookmark it for future and frequent (lol) use.
Thanx again
Old 10-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Jock sniffer

Oops, I typed the link wrong, it's

http://www.usg-online.com/forums/album.php

(there's no "s" in album)

Sounds like your browser isn't handling the CSS drop down menus or something. Have you tried going to:

http://www.usg-online.com/forums

Do you see the proper menu when you go there?
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Old 10-09-2010, 07:07 AM
USG Regular

Bookmarked!!!

John
The link worked! As promised, it's bookmarked and I'm good to go again.
Apparently the CSS drop downs don't work for me. If I go to the forums link there are still no drop downs. Ergo: No Link for Me!
I have to do a few extra steps, but I can handle that.
Thanx for everything!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:43 AM
strapped chief

Like to new look, keep it up.

"There's no time-frame for all this to happen as I have to do it in my so-called spare time and as Jockstrap Central (my bread and butter) gets busier and busier my spare time is becoming scarce, but if I have to pull some all-nighters then so be it. "

ain't it a bitch when work gets in the way of fun?! But no one can really complain about a growing business.