Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > Questions and Support

Notices

Questions and Support If you have any questions or need things explained, then please post them here.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
Woofie,

You aren't missing anything, that's what the software does. The album feature of the site is a relatively new feature for VBulletin (the software that runs the site) and is in it's infancy. I am hoping for some improvements in the album section included with some future upgrades. There are upgrades available, but they don't deal with the Album feature, but more with the engine that runs the forums and the layout converting it all to proper CSS. I haven't bothered with the upgrade as it's a major change, and I don't think our regular members can handle another major change quite yet as there's been a number of them over the last year.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
woofie

Thanks, Deus... glad I wasn't just overlooking anything. I almost blamed it on Google Chrome, hehe. For now, it just means I have to upload in reverse order -- more of a reason to keep my sets at or below a manageable 20 pics
Old 05-27-2010, 06:18 AM
RNstring

private and public albums

please explain the difference between the public and priovate albums and how you load prvate albums. thanks and apologies if this appears a dumb question
Old 05-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
Private albums are just that, private. Only members you have added as a "friend" can view them. Any X-rated photos need to be in your private albums. Likewise, you can only view private albums of members who have made you a "friend"

Public albums are viewable to everyone, whether they are a member or not.

Read all the yellow tips at the top of the Questions and Support Forum for more information, but here's direct links to the tips that deal with your questions:

For information on what we consider an X-rated photos: http://www.usg-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8852

For information on how to mark an album public or private: http://www.usg-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8850

(there's also information on how the method to make "friends" on USG in that tip.)
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 10-08-2015, 08:53 PM
fundoshi4all.blogspot.com

Ryan Rokushaku is on a distinguished road
Are people seeing my new public albums?

Just a general question: does it depend on your profile privacy settings whether your new public albums are viewable under the Community>Pictures & Albums tab on the homepage menu bar? I've been checking when I post new pics but haven't been seeing them.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:35 AM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rokushaku View Post
Just a general question: does it depend on your profile privacy settings whether your new public albums are viewable under the Community>Pictures & Albums tab on the homepage menu bar? I've been checking when I post new pics but haven't been seeing them.
On the "Profile Privacy" settings page it says:

Quote:
If you would like to restrict the display of some of the blocks on your profile page, select a minimum relationship that other users must meet to see the blocks.

Note: Guests and users on your Ignore List will only be able to view the blocks on your page where you have selected 'Everyone'.
I haven't tested this myself. I just set all the options to "Everyone", but certain of my albums are private, which means viewing of those albums is restricted to myself, the moderators, and my "friends". However no matter what your privacy settings are, you should always be able to view your own photos.

As to whether the new albums appear on the "Recently Created Albums" page, I know that they don't appear if the album is a private album, so my suspicion is that if you had set the privacy option to restrict album viewing, they would not appear either even if it was a public album.

Perhaps deusex can answer this better.

P.S. If you're frustrated by the fact that no one knows you have new photos because they don't appear on this page, you can use the forum "Private Album Update Announcement", which was set up for precisely this reason.

Last edited by SweatyAussie; 10-09-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:34 AM

Thanks SweatyAussie, I'll check that out. I figured it was probably something in the control panel. I appreciate it!

Update: that was definitely the solution. I switched it to Everyone and it immediately popped up in the new community photos. I do like the idea of membership having its privileges so I ended up switching the settings back to site members only for public albums. I can post about new pictures in the other thread for that. Thanks for the quick response! This is easily my favorite site and it gets better every day.

Last edited by Ryan Rokushaku; 10-12-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:22 AM

Posting photos in forums

Another question (and thank you for indulging my newness to the site):

If I want to share photos to the Fundoshi forum, how do I do that? It says "Post photos of Fundoshi and similar styles and discuss the photos and styles here," does that mean within a thread? Or is there a group album like in... groups. I might have just answered my own question!
Old 10-30-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rokushaku View Post
Another question (and thank you for indulging my newness to the site):

If I want to share photos to the Fundoshi forum, how do I do that? It says "Post photos of Fundoshi and similar styles and discuss the photos and styles here," does that mean within a thread? Or is there a group album like in... groups. I might have just answered my own question!
You can post them in the forum, post them in your gallery, or both.

If you post them to your gallery, you can then "add them to a group", which does not mean you have to repost the photo; it simply sets a switch so that when someone views the group, they see the photo.

To post the image in the forum, just create you text message in the usual way, then select "Manage Attachments", which is in Additional options.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:52 PM

Thanks!

OK, thanks for the info clearing that up!
Old 11-08-2015, 02:46 PM
USG Member

Devonian is on a distinguished road
Rotating photos in albums

Hey there,

I've been posting quite a few photos recently (probably too many!), but for some reason they all post sideways. On my computer the photos look fine, but as soon as I upload them they are the wrong way up.

Is there any way to correct how they are shown in the albums? A tip on how to correct this for new photos would be good, but something I can apply to photos already uploaded would be even better. The really cool members of this site have left some nice comments against my pics and I wouldn't want to lose them if I had to delete all my photos and re-upload them.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
Hey there,

I've been posting quite a few photos recently (probably too many!), but for some reason they all post sideways. On my computer the photos look fine, but as soon as I upload them they are the wrong way up.

Is there any way to correct how they are shown in the albums? A tip on how to correct this for new photos would be good, but something I can apply to photos already uploaded would be even better. The really cool members of this site have left some nice comments against my pics and I wouldn't want to lose them if I had to delete all my photos and re-upload them.

Thanks guys.
Am I imagining things or have I seen this exact question before?

Anyway, I don't know what program you are using to view them on your computer before you upload them, but it's obviously doing some kind of unwanted automatic rectification when you view them. That is, it's not actually altering the image file, only changing the way it displays it, so that it looks right way up. USG on the other hand displays an image "as is".

I'd be very surprised if your software does not have a way of rotating an image 90 degrees, but first you need to somehow set things up so that when you preview them on your PC you see what's actually there, so you know whether it needs to be rotated or not. That's about as much advice as I can give without knowing what image display software
you are using.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:53 AM
USG Member

Devonian is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I have no idea why, but you are right that I have to rotate the image so that it looks like it is on its side when I view the picture on my laptop, which then looks correct after I upload it. A bit frustrating that I cannot correct this for the pics that are already uploaded.