Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > Questions and Support

Notices

Questions and Support If you have any questions or need things explained, then please post them here.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:40 PM
USG Member

Devonian is on a distinguished road
Any way to search members by location?

This may be a self-answering thread, but I wondered if there was any way to search for members by location? For example, if I was to be in London in a couple of weeks and wondered who might be around for a drink and a chat. So far I can only see how to list members alphabetically, but then I am a bear of very little brain.......
Old 01-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
You sort of can, but it's not a full feature. The software that runs the site was never designed as a hook up site, but you can click the Members link from the Community section of the top menu, then toward the upper right of the Members list you can click the Search Members, then click the Advance Search link below the text box. But it's not perfect as not every member has put in their city.

There's a major upgrade coming to USG with a lot of new features so with any luck, the software designers may have improved that feature.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"
Old 01-02-2016, 09:01 PM
USG Member

maxine is on a distinguished road
Site Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusex View Post
You sort of can, but it's not a full feature. The software that runs the site was never designed as a hook up site, but you can click the Members link from the Community section of the top menu, then toward the upper right of the Members list you can click the Search Members, then click the Advance Search link below the text box. But it's not perfect as not every member has put in their city.

There's a major upgrade coming to USG with a lot of new features so with any luck, the software designers may have improved that feature.
Good news to hear that there is to be an upgrade. Could you consider adding an option ,similar to the Flickr site ,where members' photos loaded to the USG site can be corrected /adjusted so as to appear the "right" way up and not sideways or upside down? A lot of people ,including me, seem to have this problem. Also, could you include a 'favourites' section for members to put their favourites shots of other members? Just my tuppance worth!
Have a great 2016 and keep up the good work; USG is such a great site. Max x
Old 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
Maxine,

The softwear running the site is an out of the box product so what ever is included is what we'll end up with. I would imagine that the rotate image feature will be in the upgrade as it's a pretty simple bit of programming (I wrote a similar thing for my Your Jockstraps website for my admin section) but as for the other request, it's pretty specific and I'd be surprised if it is an included feature.

If I had the time and a team of programmers, I'd love nothing more than to ditch vBulletin and program USG myself, but it's a huge and complex piece of software and I simply do have time or the resources. I would end up having to have some sort of paid membership to make it all worth while and I'm 100% opposed to there ever being a paid tier system at USG.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"