Shop at Jockstrap Central
our websites:     jockstrap central    |    un-der-wear    |    usg-online    |    mustbegay    |    jockstrapping blog    |    the jockstrap company    |    un-der-where? blog    |    your jockstraps

Go Back   USG-online - Men's Underwear and Swimwear Community > USG-ONLINE AND FORUM STUFF > Questions and Support

Notices

Questions and Support If you have any questions or need things explained, then please post them here.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:03 AM
USG Member

johnmorango is on a distinguished road
Sideways photos?

Sometimes photos appear sideways. Not sure why? Is there any way to rotate them? The original photos were the right way up. I uploaded a number of photos and 1 is the right way up and the others are not.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:12 AM
USG Member

maxine is on a distinguished road
Technical query

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmorango View Post
Sometimes photos appear sideways. Not sure why? Is there any way to rotate them? The original photos were the right way up. I uploaded a number of photos and 1 is the right way up and the others are not.
I have this problem also and it seems like you have to position the camera in a landscape position, rather than portrait position. With Flickr for e.g they are able to somehow right the position, USG 's editing tools dont permit this though.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 PM
USG Member

johnmorango is on a distinguished road
Photography

The problem would be solved if there was a separate pair of hands manipulating the camera!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The problem would be solved if there was a separate pair of hands manipulating the camera!
No it wouldn't. the problem is that most body shots, such as those you are likely to want to upload to USG, fit the subject better into the frame in portrait mode, but cameras understand landscape as the "right way up".

Your PC is almost certain to have some image processing utility that lets you rotate the image before uploading it One of the issues I have come across in the past is that some people think they have rotated their images correctly because they display in portrait mode right way up, but in fact they have only changed the way their program displays them. You need to make sure you rotate the image and save the rotated version, before uploading it.

Videos are a bigger problem because many systems don't have what I would have considered a fairly obvious essential feature to rotate video files as well as stills. I have a number of videos on various sites that are sideways, and I get guys complaining they are hurting their neck trying to look at them, but in most cases capturing the video in portrait mode is the only way that all of SweatyAussie can fit properly into the frame.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 AM
USG Regular

Sexythong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
certainly couldn't hurt!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Smartarse from Down Under

SweatyAussie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A separate pair of hands is always welcome, true, but there are things other than the camera that I would prefer them to manipulate.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:03 AM
Jock sniffer

deusex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to deusex
Sorry for being fashionably late to the party but I was away in England for a spontaneous trip to England.

The issue is with all the new cellphones which allow you to take photo in landscape or portrait mode whether the camera is right side up or up side down. The rotation and position info is stored in an image file as part of the EXIF information. There's no standard in how to deal with it, so Android does it differently than Apple.

I know this because I've been dealing with it when programming my Yourjockstraps.com website. I've built in an admin section for myself so I can deal with photos taken and uploaded from cellphones and rotate them and it took me months to finally get it working. For the most part, it works but there's still a few images that my rotate function doesn't work on, and apparently I'm not alone.

If any of you really care, here's an accurate explanation: https://www.daveperrett.com/articles...g-is-a-ghetto/

As for USG, the real issue is the software running this website, it's a purchased piece of software called vBulletin and the version I'm using is really old and doesn't have a clue on how to deal with all these (new?) fangled cellphones and their orientation mumbo-jumbo.

I imagine the upgraded software which I own but just can't find the time to install will be able to deal with it, but I don't see the upgrade happening anytime soon as my life is just too crazy right now.

As mentioned by Sweaty Aussie above and what I do when I have a problem image uploaded to Your Jockstraps: I simply download the image to my computer, use an image editing program to rotate the image and re-upload it. Doing so, usually fixes the EXIF data embedded in the image file and life is once again how it should be.

A nuisance I know, but until a miracle er... upgrade happens, there's nothing else that can be done.
www.usg-online.com
www.un-der-wear.com
www.jockstrapcentral.com
www.jockstrapping.com

Favorite tweet from an Ambulance driver: "Having a serious man crush on my boy Drew Brees. If I were gay, I'd boil his jock strap and drink the broth. Geaux Saints"